- Pioneer in National Fishermen and Fisheries Industry Development.
- Creating a developed, independent and progressive fishermen community
- Increase production and ensure the national fish supply is sufficient and complying with standards
- Provide modern and integrated fishery infrastructure facilities
- Create competent human resources
- Improving the socio-economic position of fishermen with a focus on increasing income.
- Develop and advance the national fisheries industry.
- Encourage & promote efficient and effective management of fish industry and marketing.
- Establish and supervise credit facilities for fish production and ensure that these facilities are fully utilized.
- Participate in fisheries enterprises and for that purpose participate in boat construction and production of fish supplies and equipment.
- Encourage, intensify, facilitate and work for the economic and social progress of Fishermen’s Associations.
- Register, control and supervise Fishermen’s Associations and provide allocations for matters related therewith.