- Pioneer in National Fishermen and Fisheries Industry Development.
- Creating a developed, independent and progressive fishermen community
- Increase production and ensure the national fish supply is sufficient and complying with standards
- Provide modern and integrated fishery infrastructure facilities
- Create competent human resources
- Establish a progressive fishermen’s community by 2015
- Increase the national fishery harvesting sector productivity to 1.7% annually
- Facilitate the increase of aquaculture production up to 10% by 2015
- Support the Agro-based Industry development
- Increase marketing efficiency and marketing pathway
- Transform the national fishery infrastructure by 2015
- Increase competency of officers and staff-members effective as of 2011
- Establish a permanent communication system by 2015.