OBJECTIVES OF DIVISION
- Provide integrated and modern landing infrastructure facilities for a centralised fish landing.
- Establish efficient management and marketing systems to support the development of the fishing industry.
|A. Tasks of Complex/PPI Management Section
- Oversee preparation tasks and improvement of SOPs.
- Identify training requirements and guidance for the management of the complex/PPI.
- Responsible for management tasks and EU Regulatory Landing facilities.
- Oversee and be responsible in matters of the complex/PPI Infrastructure Security.
- Coordinate the needs of personnel/staff at the Port/Complex/PPI.
- Oversee the allocation of money in managing the complex/PPI.
- Oversee and be responsible in matters of agreement (safety & hygiene), acquisition and leasing of the Complex/PPI.
- Coordinate related complex assets affairs.
- Oversee information, records and data for the port/complex/PPI/private jetty.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports for the Complex Management Section/PPI.
- Responsible for the issues and problems at the Port/Complex/ PPI.
- Coordinating and be responsible on the Development Committee of the complex/Work/Management Complex (Secretariat).
- Oversee matters related to LKIM Complex debtors.
|B. Tasks of Infrastructure Section
- Plan and build Ports/Fish Landing Complex/LKIM’s Fish Inspection through government allocation approved in the Ninth Malaysia Plan (9MP).
- Plan and build Ports and LKIM’s Fish Landing Complex through PFI privatisation projects.
- Review and analyse positions of problematic river confluences for implementation of dredging works based on the BPSP financing allocations.
- Prepare and oversee the allocations for constructions of LKIM’s Port/Fish Landing Complex/Fish Inspection Complex are sufficient to ensure that the project is progressing as scheduled.
- Review and analyse the application of the proposed port construction/Fish Landing Complex/LKIM’s Fish Inspection Complex and provide allocation application paperwork to the Ministry for the implementation of the project.
- Review and determine upgrading and maintenance works of the Port/Fish Landing Complex/LKIM’s Fish Inspection Complex are carried out according to the allocations as approved in the 9MP in particular in the works scope of maintenance of civil, mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Monitor and ensure all facilities in terms of equipment and machinery are maintained to always be in good condition for the use of the target groups.
- Ensure the implementation of upgrading and maintenance works to meet the needs and standards of the European Union (EU) can be implemented in all LKIM’s Fish Landing Complex and jetties.
- Review and revise allocation application paperwork and improvement works for the approval of the Board of LKIM.
- Review and determine the newly implemented construction of LKIM’s jetties are according to priority and approved allocations in the 9MP.
- Monitor and ensure all LKIM jetties that have been built to always be maintained in good condition for use by small-scale and traditional fishermen.
- Review and revise paperwork for allocation application of construction and maintenance works of jetties for the approval of the Board of LKIM.
- Ensure and monitor all the allocations of the 9MP that were planned and set for the current year are spent as scheduled.
- Ensure and monitor the physical progress of all the 9MP projects that have been approved are implemented as scheduled.
- Review of project monitoring reports for the purpose of inspection, evaluation or specific analysis in terms of performance as well as the physical progress of the project expenses.
Lembaga Kemajuan Ikan Malaysia,
Level 2, Wisma LKIM, Jalan Desaria,
Pulau Meranti, 47120 Puchong,
Tel : 03-80649000
Fax : 03-80603301