|FUNCTIONS OF DIVISION
- Design and manage the construction of infrastructures and general facilities of the fisheries industries funded by LKIM.
- Coordinate and supervise projects designed and managed by JKR, JPS or Private Consultants.
- Design and manage the renovation and additional works on existing infrastructures and general facilities.
- Oversee and implement maintenance programmes on fisheries infrastructure and general facilities as well as LKIM’s equipment.
- Provide service support in the field of engineering to other divisions under LKIM.
|A. Civil & Structural Engineering Section’s Tasks
- Conduct land survey and hydrography study for new projects of LKIM.
- Design new LKIM projects such as LKIM mini complex, fishery products processing centre, jetty, auction hall, offices, quarters and other Civil Engineering projects of LKIM.
- Create cost estimates for each Civil Engineering projects of LKIM.
- Create tender/quotation reports for Civil Engineering projects of LKIM.
- Conduct visits to work sites and check the LKIM Civil Engineering work progress in running.
- Prepare the physical progress report on each Civil Engineering project of LKIM and report to the top management.
- Provide technical advice services to other LKIM Divisions on matters pertaining to Civil Engineering.
- Conduct inspection/maintenance on LKIM’s complex, jetty, auction halls, offices, quarters, and other Civil Engineering infrastructures owned by LKIM.
- Cooperate with JKR/JPS/Private Consultants in planning/coordinating the construction of LKIM Complex, jetty and other Civil Engineering projects of LKIM.
- Attend site meetings of each LKIM projects undertaken by JKR/JPS/Private Consultants to resolve any construction issues and report work progress to LKIM.
- Represent Director of Engineering to meetings in which he is unable to attend.
|B. Mechanical Engineering Section’s Tasks
- Conduct feasibility study for each new Mechanical and Refrigeration Engineering project.
- Designing new LKIM projects such as Ice Factory, Blast Freezer, related Electrical works and other LKIM Mechanical and Refrigeration Engineering.
- Provide quotation/tender documents and plans for quotation/tender calls for each project.
- Create cost estimates for each mechanical project of LKIM.
- Provide advice services to other divisions on matters pertaining to Mechanical and Refrigeration Engineering.
- Cooperate with the Private Consultants in planning and coordinating the execution of Mechanical and Refrigeration Engineering projects carried out by them.
- Attend the site meetings of each LKIM project undertaken to solve any problems and report on the work progress to LKIM.
- Conduct inspections, organise and manage maintenance work of office vehicles, cold room, blast freezer, ice factory, air conditioning and other mechanical equipment owned by LKIM.
|C. Electrical Engineering Section’s Tasks
- Conduct a feasibility study for each new project of the Electrical Division.
- Design new LKIM projects regarding Electrical works.
- Prepare quotation/tender documents and plans for the purpose of tender/quotation calls.
- Make a cost estimate for each electrical project.
- Create quotation/tender reports for electrical projects.
- Make physical progress reports for each electrical project.
- Provide advice services to other Divisions in electrical related works.
- Cooperate with private consultants in the electrical projects coordination works of the Department.
- Attend site meetings that are related to electrical works.
- Review the electrical system in the complex and carry out maintenance from time to time so that the electrical supply is always in a safe condition.
Bahagian Kejuruteraan (Engineering Division),
Lembaga Kemajuan Ikan Malaysia,
Level 4, Wisma LKIM, Jalan Desaria,
Pulau Meranti, 47120 Puchong,
Tel : 03-80649000
Fax : 03-80603733